The Kickstarter for Moa is live now. While it’s likely to fund, it’s not getting the stellar numbers that we had hoped for given that this is a new Martin Wallace game.
We have some ideas for improvement – some which involve rebooting the campaign. But before we do that, we’d like to hear from you about what could be improved! Here are some of the items we’ve already heard:
- There are no gameplay videos! This is being addressed, and I think is the biggest problem we have now. My excuse is that everything is coming together as quickly as it possibly could in order to hit Essen. If we reboot the project it will not hit Essen, but I honestly think that’s a secondary concern. We are also going to BGG Con and PAX Unplugged in November and could introduce the game there.
- Shipping price to X is too high! We heard a lot of this early, and I think that we addressed this, for the most part. We’re not hearing much about shipping being too high in the last week.
- The game is for ages 10+! That means it’s a kids game! This is on the lighter side of Wallace games, so may turn away folks looking for an Age of Steam level of strategy game. Martin himself called it a Medium level game, so maybe we could get away with 12+ if people think that’s what is pushing people away from the game. Personally, I think that once people see the gameplay video they can make their own decision on the game’s weight.
- Localization. The game is language-independent except for the rulebook, box, and small reference cards. We will do the game in English, German and Polish for sure. We’re investigating Italian. I know that we also need to look at French and Spanish.
- It’s not being publicized! My own team gets on my a lot for this. I need to be more active on Twitter, Facebook and (most of all) BGG. I don’t use social media much in my own life, but that’s not an excuse for not using it for my company!
If you looked at the Kickstarter project but didn’t back it, then what should we fix that would make you jump on board?